SUPPORT PEOPLE … SUPPORT THE PLANET … SUPPORT GREEN TREE!
Did you know?
- The average American discards about 68 lbs of clothing and textiles each year.
- Most communities in the USA do NOT have textile recycling programs.
- In 2010 textile waste created 13.5 million tons of municipal solid waste (MSW).
- 85% of textile waste to end up in landfills.
- In 2010 only 2 million tons of textiles were recovered: this is only 15% of the total
- That means 11.5 million tons of textiles landed in American landfills! In one year that is 126 million cubic yards of landfill that decomposes and releases methane, a harmful greenhouse gas.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- GREEN off unwanted clothing and textiles in our GREEN boxes (Find a location near you – see below)
- Provide a location for a GREEN box in your building or community – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsor a GREEN Box (Click here for more information)
- Make a financial donation to support Green Tree (click here to donate)
For Clothing Pick-Up, GREEN Box Locations and GREEN Sponsorship Please Email email@example.com.
For additional information on partners, GREEN box locations and GREEN box sponsorship opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a donation, or sponsor a GREEN BOX in your community TODAY.
How to Donate Clothing and Textiles
To donate clothing, shoes, accessories, and household linens, including blankets, bedspreads, sheets, towels, curtains and fabric find a GREEN BOX LOCATION near you.
All donors will be recognized on our website at www.greentreetextiles.org, and in all event print collateral.
$10: T-Shirt Club
$25: Accessory Club
$50: Blue Jean Club
$100: Shoe Club
$250: Cocktail Dress Club
$500: Business Suit Club